Sunday, February 20, 2011

OChre Italian Restaurant | Bar

Have not been blogging as it was a really busy week but happy! Able to dine with different batch of friends for dinner as my birthday is here again, yes again. Nevermind, I'm forever 18 by the way hahaha. My birthday has just ended so I can finally lie back and write about what I've eaten so far.

On Tuesday, we headed to Ochre, an Italian restaurant located in Orchard Central, 11th floor. It was pretty pleasant and cozy on a weekday. The place seems like a fine dining place but it has no special rules so we can dine in comfortably.

They had 2 different type of set menu - Uomo and Donna, Uomo in Italian is Man while Donna is Woman. Uomo presents a robust flavours while Donna's a subtle essence. Interesting isn't it? We end up ordering these 2 sets.

 My ultimate favourite - Foie Gras! This is being pan-fried to the perfect 'melt in the mouth' effect. So fragrant and delicious.

I cut it and took a shot on the inside. :P

Uomo's Appetizer: Mackerel & Eggplant Terrine Smoked Paprika & Red Capsicum Coulis. This don't really impress me much, the mackerel is cold and it reminds me of my tuna with bread. :P

Donna's Appetizer: Mortadella Ham with Gorganzola Cheese Mousse Semi-Dried Cherry Tomato. This dish looks very artistic where all the items were small and far apart from each other. I had to put them together to take a better shot. :P

Sweet Corn Soup with small piece of Foie Gras on top and some Vanilla oil.

Beef and Mushroom Tomato Pasta - I pretty like the combination of this dish. The sauce they used to cook the beef and mushroom is flavourful.

Have you heard of Risotto? It's actually an Italian dishes of rice cooked in broth to a creamy consistency. This was mixed with burdock and smoked king salmon. I quite like it too.

Grilled French duck breast - I was pretty amazed how tender duck meat can be when I tried this. I can say it's sort of resemble my favourite moo moo meat. Oops.

Hokkaido Scallop and Escolar Fish with squid ink sauce - I wish that fish could be bigger. It was so fresh and tasty! Scallop is just as nice, crunchy!

Lemon Granite - Like blended ice with Lemon essence?

Green Tea Tiramisu - not very sweet, just nice.

Earl Gray pudding, sauteed banana, pear and passion fruit granite, what a fruitful dessert ^^

These frozen drinks (Strawberry and Blood Orange) took so long to be served and I don't know why! Is it so hard to make? :P


OChre Italian Restaurant | Bar
Orchard Central
181 Orchard Road, #11-03
Tel: 6634 0423
Fax: 6634 0420
Email: ochre@kitchenlanguage.com.sg

Opening Hours (Monday – Sunday)
11:30am – 2:30pm
6:30pm – 10:30pm

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails