Friday, August 13, 2010

Da Dong Restaurant

It was Grandpa's birthday so big aunt booked this Cantonese cuisine restaurant - Da Dong which is situated at Chinatown smith street. It has been there for quite sometime and normally tourists who visit that area will definitely get attracted to their big signboard and try the food.

The appearance of each dishes are presentable, but as compared to few years back, I would say the taste of their standard does dropped a little. Or probably my aunt has requested for lesser salt/sugar for healthier choice? Haha I'm not too sure. Overall, I like their roasted pig, very crispy skin and tender meat, couldn't resist taking more haha..

Another dish I preferably like is the fish maw. It was springy, easy to chew and quite tasty. A healthy dish with mushroom and vegetables accompany. Not to forget, the mango sago pomelo dessert! It was one of my top favourite desserts. Sweetness of the mango blends with the bitterness of pomelo.. splendid always :)

Grandpa got 2 cakes this year! It was a cheese cake and fruit cake from Mache. Taste good but I couldn't finish as I was too full. 

Well, I just wanna thanks everyone for being so patient with me to take the photo of the food before consumption haha... :P

39 Smith Street, 058952
Tel: 6221 3822

Open Mon-Sat 9am-6pm



Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails