Sunday, February 26, 2012

Shin Kushiya Japanese Charcoal Grill (Pre-bday version)

Out with friends for my pre-bday celebration and I'm at Shin Kushiya again! Really miss my Yakitori! There were hits and misses but overall it was still as good as my last visit. Thanks to a friend who has treated us on this meal. We actually ordered too much and end up being the last customer in the shop when they are already preparing to close! Haha..

My favourite Yakitori! They are the 'must-order' items when you visit Shin Kushiya.
 One more shot. The one on the left is beef tongue, hmm so far this is the only one I don't really know how to appreciate it. :P

*Scream* Grilled Foie gras! Love the taste and melt in your mouth effect. *thumbs up*

Deep fried whole soft shell crab, crispy and tasty. Nom the whole crab! :D

Assorted seafood and vegetable tempura - taste normal but the size of the prawn is big :D

Soft shell crab with fish roe Temaki (actually I don't quite remember the name)
I didn't taste this but my friend felt it was very delicious.

Chawanmushi - I'm not into steam egg so I didn't taste it, however I'm more interested in the prawn instead. :P

Soba - I like Soba to accompany food with strong taste as it gives me the smooth refreshing feel.

Chicken skin Yakitori - I personally find the garlic taste too strong making the combination a little weird. The one at Tori-Q seems better. :P

Unfortunately, this is the worst dish of the day - Unagi rice. I placed so much hope on the attractive looking Unagi and yet it turns out to be not fresh. The meat was very tough and elastic, it gave a very strong frozen smell. Only the rice is edible. The eel was wasted. We didn't make a fuss to prevent spoiling our mood. :(

Yaki Onigiri (grilled rice ball)

Shin Kushiya Japanese Charcoal Grill (Vivocity)
1 Harbourfront Walk, #02-120-122 VivoCity
Tel: +65 6275 8766
Opening Hours:
Mon–Thu: 11.30am – 10.30pm
Fri–Sun: 11.30am – 11.30pm
http://www.shinkushiya.com/

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails