Saturday, March 3, 2012

Swensen's @ NEX Mall (Pre-Bday version)

It has been a busy week since I updated my previous post. Thanks to all my friends and loved ones who spent my birthday with me. I'm going to share all the sumptuous meals I had throughout the days of the celebration. Have put on some weight, so sinful... :( must start my exercise soon before I go out of shape hahaha...

It has been quite awhile since I dine in Swensen's and I'm craving for their ice cream. Just nice, a per-celebration + family day. What a great evening spent. Thanks to Dad for the dinner treat hehe.

Creamy Mushroom soup served in sourdough breadbowl, flavorful shiitake soup but very little though.

Calamari Rings! One of my favourite starters.

Deep fried Mushrooms. Shiitake is my favourite mushroom, I like the crispiness on the outside while the mushroom kept its tenderness and moist in it.

Beef Stroganoff Baked rice - Dad ordered this and he likes the combination of the cheese and taste of chunky beef in it.

Ribeye Steak - Mum and I ordered this. She likes it medium well instead while I prefer medium state. The steak served was 1 state lower hence mine turns out to quite deep red but still edible though, luckily not too to the raw side. Taste wise is still alright. Typical western steak.

Beef lasagna - minced beef between layers of pasta and spinach, dipped in tomato sauce. My brother had this. Portion may be kind of little for guys but overall it was not bad. Tomato sauce can whet up one appetite.

Grilled Fish Sambal - one of our all time favourite main course in Swensen's. We ordered this extra course for sharing. Good combination.

Woohoo! My ice cream is here! Regular earthquake. I wanted to order giant portion but Mum feels it might be too much after our hearty main courses. She's right. The regular portion was just nice! Thanks goodness. 8 scoops of ice cream plus toppings. 26 flavours to choose from. :D

It was a nice dinner, however one of the things I wish to point out is the service, hope they can improve on their attentiveness. Sometime they can forget about things that you requested or simply cleared your table halfway, leaving the remaining mess there and expect you to enjoy your dessert with the unpleasant piles which they have forgotten to come back to clear.

Swensen's @ Nex Mall
23 Serangoon Central, #02-07/08 NEX Mall
Tel: +65 6634 4072
Opening Hours
Mon–Fri: 10.30am – 10.30pm
Sat–Sun: 8am – 10.30pm

Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails